When you’ve been injured in a car accident it’s important to know what kind of compensaiton to expect. Property damage, medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering all need to be accurately accounted for. Some factors are straight forward such as the value of your car or medical bills, but others care subjective such as pain and suffering or loss of consortium. It’s important to hire an experiences car accident attorney to handle your case so you get the most compensation for your car accident case.
Before a value can be determined we must first prove fault in your car accident case. Without fault it’s impossible to know who is liable for any financial or emaitional loss you may encur. Usually fault falls squarely on the person who hit you (and their insurance company), but there are other factors and third-parties that may alter the value of your case. For example if the accident was caused by a faulty component of one of the vehicles involved now you’re deaing with the car manufaturers team of attorneys and insurance whic his typically much harder to fight but also worth more. Accident reconstruction, police reports and eye witness testimony play a crutial role in determining fault as well.
What Compensation is Possible After a Car Accident?
There are several aspects of the aftermath that you can get compensated for such as:
- Property Damage (typically the value of your vehicle)
- Medical bills including estimated future bills after yoru case is tried or settled.
- Los of income due to time off of work or the inability to perform normal job functions.
- Home modifications in the case of a long term dissability
- Emotional and physical suffering
- Loss of consortium (if your spousal or familal relationships are hindered)
- Loss of enjoyment in life
- Loss of companionship and burial/funeral expenses (in wrongful death cases)
Call A Car Accident Attorney ASAP
It’s critical to get medical trreatment and consult a car accident attorney as soon as possible. Time is of the essence for not only getting medical treatment, but it’s important to get an experienced law firm started on the case ASAP. MEnories fade, documents may get lost in the shuffle so starting your case immediately is benefitial to all parties involved.
The Noth Texas, Mesquite Car Accident Attorneys at Best Law Center have the experience required to successfully handle your case. We focus solely on vehicle accidents rather than several areas of the law.