Do you have any confusion regarding your personal injury case worth? If yes, then you have come to the right article. Most people have many doubts and queries when it comes to calculating the personal injury claim worth. So if you are one of those, then this article is very helpful for you. Though this question is very common but it is not that easy to determine the worth. So to help you understand better, in this article, you will get all the information that can help you know how much is your personal injury case worth. So if this sounds compelling, then stick to this article.
Before discussing the more important things, it is very important for you to understand that every case is different and there is no fixed average amount that you will get. It depends on many factors and the claim worth can go from a hundred dollars to a thousand dollars. To get more specific details, you should consult a personal injury lawyer. He will be able to clarify your doubts specifically and give you the proper advice. So now after talking about the fundamental things, it’s time to move forward.
Compensation Range You Can Expect
According to surveys, 30% of people who claim for their personal injuries did not receive anything. As mentioned above that there is no fixed value but people who received their payouts, range from $3000 to 75000. And if you talk about an average price, then the average price for personal injury claims was somewhere around $53000. Though if someone has suffered severe injuries, then chances are that they may get more amount.
Things That Affect Payouts
As you already know that the payout is not fixed but apart from this, many factors can affect the payouts. So here are some factors that can affect the personal injury claim worth:
• The severity of injuries- One of the main factors that affect payouts is the severity of injuries. If you have more severe injuries, then you can expect more claim amount. Apart from this, the impact level and the amount of property damaged are also used as indicators
• Medical treatment level- Another important factor that determines the claim amount is the medical expenses spent in the treatment
• Lost earning capacity- If the accident has affected the income earning capacity, then the claim amount is increased. Also, if the accident requires any future treatments, surgical therapies or any home care, then it will also affect the payout
• Level of physical pain- The level of emotional distress and physical pain related to the accident and how the injury affects one's capability to conduct home, work, and social-related activities is an important factor
• Limit of the insurance- The claim amount also depends on the company policy and most of the companies keep the settlements low and won’t pay more than their fixed limits.
At last, the only thing that you have to keep in mind is that it is not easy to calculate these factors and you should take professional help to get the highest claim amount possible.